Monday, December 15, 2008

12-15-08








Another day, another miracle! Every day that I see Zoey I am witnessing a miracle. I wish that everyone could see her because she is so beautiful. That is not just a proud papa either. I believe every nurse that she has had has fallen in love with her. Nurses that aren't even on duty have stopped by to see how she is doing. It was finally confirmed this morning by an ultrasound that her ductus valve has closed. All signs pointed to this earlier, but this was the confirmation that we needed. She continues to feed off Macy's milk and her system is digesting it well. They will continue to increase the food on a daily basis. Mark got to change his first poopie diaper (with the help of Aunt Stephanie). Let me emphasize what I said earlier. Her digestive system is working well!!! Stephanie will back me up on this one. We got another good sign tonight. They are taking machines away from her station. The first to go was the respirator machine. She is doing so well, they took it to someone that would actually use it. Seven days and she has already sent one machine packing. She is such a strong little girl. She also took to a pacifier this evening and was loving every minute of it. It looks so big in such a little mouth. I will try to post a picture of it later on. She is going to have a big night tonight. They are taking the IV line out of her umbilical cord because its time has run up. They are going to have to give her a big girl's IV in her skinny little arm. This will be necessary to sustain her feeding until she can take Macy's milk completely. Mom (and Dad for that matter) does not want to see this happen. They assure us that she will barely even feel it because they will numb it. Pray for her on this one. We are hoping that she has her dad's veins and not her mom's. I will continue to update as we get information. Now, on to Macy. She has made lots of improvement today but is still in the hospital. We are anticipating that they will let her out tomorrow morning. They want to continue to monitor her and let her rest up. She remains in good spirits (as long as she gets to see her baby). Please pray for the weather. It has snowed continuously since 9:00 this morning and is supposed to keep snowing through tomorrow. This has hampered my travel as I was planning on heading back to Roswell today. I have a lot of catching up to do (paying bills, checking on house, dog, etc...). Once again I want to thank everyone for their prayers. We love each and everyone of you.

Mark, Macy, & Daddy's little princess

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Mark on Zoey. We love you guys and will continue to pray for yall's new little family. It is so incredible to think that you all are now parents. Seems like just yesterday that you were sitting in my office with Shelly and me asking to marry our daughter. My how times and seasons change. Praise God for His change and timing. See you soon. Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for your miracles! We continually pray for you all.
    Jonathan, Suzanne, Karis and Declan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys,

    This is Morgan (Britton) Everett. I just wanted you to know that I am praying for you and little Zoey. She is beautiful and I am thankful she is improving. We will pray for continued growth and development for her, as well as a full recovery for Macy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, Macy and beautiful Baby Zoey,
    So good to hear Zoey is improving and Macy is doing better also. Our constant prayers are with your family. Love, The Evans Clan

    ReplyDelete