Tuesday, December 16, 2008

12-16-08



























Hey guys this is Mommy posting tonight. I finally got sprung from the hospital! YAY! I am so thankful to be out of there. My blood pressure is still high, but they sent me home with medicine and we are just praying that it won't flare up again. I am finally feeling better. My swelling has gone down considerably. I actually got my wedding ring on today for the first time in 6 weeks. Mark and I started our morning out with some 'kangaroo care'. We were all three in heaven. The kangaroo care is when they let us hold Zoey skin to skin. The last picture, where mommy's double chin is showing (We tried photo-shopping it out. No such luck. Oh well, God has a way of humbling us, huh?!), shows how they tucked her into my shirt. Zoey was so content and slept peacefully. Mark and I were giddy! Zoey had a big day today. They took her umbilical cord IV out today. They can only keep those for a week so as not to cause infections. They had to make a minor incision in her arm to put a pick IV in. This IV is where they will feed her. It is not real fun for her, but they can keep it in her for up to a month without having to poke her all the time. She was such a big girl! She did great through the procedure. They gave her morphine to make her comfortable. She did great. We have to pray specifically against infection at the IV site. She is completely off oxygen help. She is breathing room temperature air. She is amazing! Zoey continues to feed well. They slightly increased the amount of breast milk that they fed her today. She seems to be doing well. We need to continue to pray that she will keep digesting her feedings. I am praying that she will amaze the Dr's and that she will be breast feeding in a week. She got weighed tonight and she is back up to her birth weight (2lbs. 9oz) She had lost down to about 2lbs 5 oz. Every ounce counts! Mark had to leave today to head back to Roswell. We already miss him. It's not the same without the Daddy here. I know that it was hard on him to leave too. Please pray for him as he is away from his 'babies'. He will come back Friday to spend the weekend with us. Our family has been wonderful to be here with us. We are so thankful. Well, enough of my novel...Hope you enjoy the pictures! We love you all!
P.S. The first picture is one that I took while Uncle Tay Tay stuck his hand in. It kinda gives you a perspective on how tiny she is...and this still won't do her justice.

4 comments:

  1. that is amazing that she is doing so well... one of my good friends had a baby 8 1/2 weeks early & he was on oxygen for a few weeks! God clearly has His big protective hand on her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mark and Macy - you guys don't know me very well but since I heard about everything from Steve's posts I have keeping all of you and especially Miss Zoey in my thoughts. It sounds like she is a real fighter/trooper. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts here in Dallas. - Brandy Gofourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so precious! what a tiny beautiful angel macy....isnt is awesome how the Lord renews his mercies every morning...as moms we need that daily dose :) congratulations, love that little girl. you guys are in my prayers- julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Macy and Mark,
    God indeed is a Miracle Maker! Zoey is beautiful. So is Mommy Macy. We will keep praying for all of you.
    Love and Many Blessings!
    Kathy Hartman

    ReplyDelete