Sunday, December 28, 2008

12-28-08








Today was a big day for Zoey Kate. Today was the first day that Zoey got to wear clothes! I have been waiting to dress my little doll. After I had Zoey, Aunt Ashton bought out the preemie section at Babies R Us in Lubbock. She has been holding her own body temperature better, so they let me put clothes on her today. So, of course we had to have PINK. I got to hold her today for the majority of the afternoon. She continues to do well on her feeding and taking a pacifier. I don't think it will be long before she is nursing and taking a bottle. In last picture, you can see that she is sucking her finger. My little doll baby has moved up a weight class...3 lbs 1 oz!!!! I think I'm seeing her first roll...haha! Her oxygen level is still fluctuating. We are believing that it will level out soon. I know that she hates having that nasal canula in her nose because she is constantly pulling at it. I can't wait until they can take that out. She did not desate one time during the time I 'kangarooed' her. Kangarooed, I think I just made up a word. My mom got here safely. My dad rode up here with my mom for a 20 minute Zoey visit, only to turn around and head back to Roswell with Mark. I just heard from Mark and he made it home. Praise God for traveling mercies. It's hard to believe that Zoey will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Two babies in our pod got to go home today. I can't wait until it's our turn! God willing, it won't be long! Well, I'm off to bed. Love you guys.
Macy


2 comments:

  1. Yay for clothes! I'm not a "girlie girl" so I was a little scared of all those girlie clothes with Summer, but they dure do have some adorable stuff. I can't get over how well Miss Zoey has done--God's hand is so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete