Monday, December 22, 2008

12-22-08







This is Aunt Ashton posting for Macy tonight. She is very tired and is resting tonight. Her blood pressure was lower today which is answered prayer. She got to hold Zoey for almost two hours today so they both were happy campers this afternoon. Zoey continues to do wonderful and get nothing but good reports from the doctors. She took her first full feeding of 22 cc's this morning and digested it quite well. She had her second full feeding around noon and digested that VERY WELL with not one, but two, dirty diapers that mommy had the pleasure of changing. Her tummy is empty before each feeding which proves that her system is doing exactly what it needs to do between feedings. Tomorrow, if she continues to digest feedings so well, they will completely take out her IV line. This will be so much more comfortable for her as it is pretty big and bulky on her tiny arm. Macy just called into the nurse to see how much she weighs tonight and, like most women, her weight is fluctuating. :) She hasn't lost any or gained any so she is still sitting at 2 lbs. 10.5 oz for the second day in a row. This is good news. She continues to be very fiesty and is getting more active everyday. When Macy and I went in this morning to see her, we uncovered her incubator and she had wiggled out of her straps and was in the process of trying to turn herself over. If those straps had not been there our tiny little Zoey girl would have turned herself completely over with those LONG legs and arms. I put in a picture of her in the process just for proof. She might be tiny but she is one strong little baby. She is also smiling more and more. This morning when I was telling her good morning she peeked at me to let me know she heard me and then gave me a smile. This melted my heart to say the least. I talked to her in utero as much as I could and I think she kinda remembers my voice...either that or the sound of my camera since I have now taken almost 500 pictures of her. :) I love my job and my niece!! haha She gave the camera another great smile today while she was sleeping on Macy during "kangaroo" time. It is the third picture down in case you can't tell. She is so precious and we are so thankful for God's mighty hand at work in her life. Grammy, Mommy, and I are having a wonderful time with it being just "us girls". I will have a couple more days up here to take pictures so I hope you are all enjoying looking at our BEAUTIFUL Zoey Kate. I'm off to rest now...Love to all!! Aunt Ashton <><

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful smile she has. She must enjoy her Kangaroo time with mommy very much! And praise God for Macy's BP going down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macy, you look amazing! And Zoey is absolutely beautiful... Keep this great reports coming!

    ReplyDelete